AREA B DEMOLITION
State of Louisiana Military Department/Louisiana National Guard
New Orleans, LA
Type of Work:
Demolition, Disaster Relief
Scope of Work:
- Demolition and disposal of 8 multi-story military buildings, consisting of 50,000 square feet at Jackson Barracks, a Louisiana National Guard Facility located near the border between Orleans and St. Bernard parishes.
- These buildings were ravaged by the winds and flood waters of Hurricane Katrina, taking on upwards of 10 feet of water.
- During the project, Durr demolished, hauled, and disposed of more than 13,700 cubic yards of debris.
- Besides the demolition of the structures, Durr’s work also included removing hazardous materials such as electronics, white goods, and chemicals from the buildings before demolition.
- Durr completed this project 90 days ahead of the schedule mandated by the National Guard.
- Durr Heavy Construction, LLC operated as a general contractor working directly for the State of Louisiana, Military Department/LA National Guard while employing several subcontractors to assist with items of work such as: hazardous waste removal, debris recycling, debris hauling, A/C refrigerant evacuation and other selective demolition activities.