FLORIDA HOUSING DEMOLITION –
PHASE II B
Client:Housing Authority of New Orleans (HANO)
Location:New Orleans, LA
Type of Work:Demolition
Scope of Work:The project consisted of the demolition and disposal of 17 public housing buildings, consisting of over 67,000 square feet, at the Florida Housing Projects, located in the Ninth Ward of Orleans Parish.
These buildings were previously government housing buildings that had been abandoned due to old age and the construction of newer housing buildings in the same area. During the project, Durr demolished, hauled, and disposed of more then 28,000 cubic yards of demolition debris.
In addition to demolishing the buildings, the project also consisted of the following items of work:
- Demolition of 65,000 square feet of concrete paving
- Installation of 3,400 linear feet of chain-link fencing
- Removal and disposal of electrical transformers
- Abatement of lead and asbestos containing materials
- Removal of 2,800 linear feet of underground utilities
- Erosion control for the entire site